Release history and updates for SichboPVR.
Releases are rolled out in either testing or stable form. You can receive test builds under Setup > Check for update > enable test builds, or you can download them directly here. Stable releases always have a '0' revision number on the end (eg 184.108.40.206) whilst testing builds always have a non-zero revision (220.127.116.11)
• Setup screen refinements.
• You can now set custom audio levels (+/- gain) on certain TV stations under the mixer > audio tab.
• You can also tweak server settings such as priodic EPG and channel scan intervals, preferred tuners for recording, and other things under setup > channels & users > server options.
• Subtitles can be customised underneath the mixer > video tab, or setup > colors & UI > tweaks.
• Other general UI refinements.
• Fixes a couple of things that came up under the 18.104.22.168 release.
The freemium experiment back in June was a disaster — turns out, not everyone's jazzed about the recording feature. Instead of finding more supporters, I managed to lose over fifty of my usual backers. So in order to keep the project afloat, I've had to hit the brakes and switch back to the paid-only model. Lesson learned! Thank you to the handful of new folks who did sign up to support sichbopvr over these past months.
• Child window locations are now remembered. Closing the primary window will close all other SichboPVR windows and automatically restore upon relaunch. You can tell which window is your primary because the TV guide displays opened windows on the left-hand side.
• Shift + Click on channel logos in the TV guide will now open that channel directly in a new window, whilst Ctrl + Click opens in Picture in Picture mode (consistent with web browser behaviour where Shift + Click is a new window, Ctrl + Click is a new tab.)
• A new option to "Record everything on this station" has been added to channel settings. This allows people to archive entire TV stations without having to configure any recordings.
• You can now edit meta information on recordings by changing titles/descriptions/tags.
• Tags/genres are now listed in the Library for broadcast regions that transmit them.
• You can also now bookmark recordings.
• Added a toggle for audio VU meters and stream information under the Mixer > Video tab.
• Adds preliminary right-to-left language support.
• Fixes a problem with sound no longer time-stretching under 4.0.15 during variable speed playback (mouse wheel over play button.)
• Misc performance and stability tweaks.
• SichboPVR is now free with just the recording function requiring a lifetime or yearly supporter account.
• Fixes a lot of performance and stability issues gathered over the past months from the 4.0.14 release.
• Linux install instructions have been updated to avoid Ubuntu's now deprecated apt-key add feature.
• Rendering performance improvements.
• On-screen display refinements.
• Channel editor refinements.
• Added better handling of older display drivers.
• Added a Missing channel troubleshooter to the guide menu.
• Accessibility and Text to Speech refinements.
• There are now mappable shortcuts for TTS mute and volume, as well as speech rate control.
• More scheduling refinements and better handling of custom defined shows.
• Thanks again to Michael for debugging a problem with SAT>IP.
• You can now manually type in UNC share paths (\\server\share\folder) for recording/timeshift/library folders. If the SichboPVR4 server is installed as a Windows Service, you'll need to configure the NT service to run under a user account with permission to access the share.
• Thanks to Igor for adding Ukrainian support.
• Improved client sync performance for libraries having tens of thousands of items.
• You can now disable timeshifting under Library > Library Settings > Set Timeshift buffer duration to "No time shifting".
• service-settings.json has a new setting "EpgUpdateOnStart" which can be set to false for folks who don't care about guide data or want to wait on it.
• Added better storing of series/episode info and support for credits/actors from xmltv sources.
• Fixes a show search focusing issue and a couple of other oddball problems in build 12.
• Added a workaround for when ATSC transmitters change their TSID causing lost and duplicate stations.
• Fixed a problem with recordings and channels lists when multiple locations are defined.
• Scheduling refinements.
• Many thanks to Michael for debugging a problem with Digital Devices DVB-S.
• Adds some general performance, usability and reliability tweaks.
• Added support for Windows Media Center *.wtv files in the media Library > Collections feature.
• You can now disable certain audio devices from the audio mixer by clicking on their settings and changing the audio format from PCM to "Do not use".
• Mono channel communication devices are now disabled by default on a blank install.
• Fixed a problem with Freesat EPG.
• Fixed a problem with some channels in Poland.
• Fixed a couple of crashes detected over the past month.
• UI refinements in the Library, Guide, and Search.
• Crash fixes from field telemetry.
• Adds Italian translation work by R.B.
• Fixed a problem with some stations coming on-air.
• Added support for opening SichboPVR from the MCE remote control green button when the app is configured to minimise to the system tray.
• This is also the fourth pre-release Linux build. Details at sichbopvr.com/linux.